- BRW Award Winning Firm;
- Vibrant and Friendly work environment;
- Career defining opportunity.
Are you our next leader?
Our Melbourne office is experiencing significant growth and is seeking it’s next leader – a strong senior accountant who is looking to make the move to manager within the next 12 – 18 months.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive, growing, and prestigious organisation, perfect for a confident candidate who is client focused and looking to turbo charge their career.
You will work within a small but growing team of professionals in our vibrant new Southbank offices. Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Preparation of income tax returns and financial statements for individuals, trusts, companies, partnerships and self-managed superfunds
- Preparation of FBT returns, Payroll tax returns, Business Activity Statements
- Research and preparation of tax advice based on various issues including FBT, CGT, structuring, tax residency
- Virtual CFO services
- Evaluation of Div 7A implications of company accounts and preparation of loan repayments
- Preparation of tax projections and year end tax planning for clients
- Assisting with client growth strategies and strategic planning throughout the year.
- Ad hoc client assistance with all accounting and tax queries
- Liaising with ATO and other regulatory authorities on behalf of clients
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of and relationship with your clients to allow you to grow the firm’s relationship and services
You will be encouraged to develop innovations and improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and growth in the practice. You will be given as much responsibility as possible and be expected to maintain, build and grow client relationships.
Skills and experience
- Currently working as a Business Services Accountant
- 4 + years’ experience in an Australian public practice
- Degree qualified and completed your CA or CPA
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- High attention to detail and a dedicated work ethic
- Comfortable working autonomously and within a team environment
- Ability to manage daily workflow and consistently meet deadlines
- Experience managing junior staff
- Competent with Xero, BGL and CAS 360 software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
If you’re interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter telling us why you are perfectly suited to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note applications without a covering letter will not be entertained.